The ministry, programs and activities of Covenant Word Church shall be based upon and at all times shall be consistent with the following beliefs:
- Christianity is based upon the following:
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- His sinless life.
- His miracles.
- His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood.
- His bodily resurrection.
- His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- His personal return in power and glory as Lord of Lords and King of Kings.
- The fall of man and his lost state, which makes necessary a spiritual rebirth through faith, repentance and baptism into Christ.
- The reconciliation of man to God by the substitutionary death and shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The resurrection of believers unto everlasting life and blessing in Heaven, and the resurrection of unbelievers unto everlasting punishment in the torments of hell.
- The present supernatural ministry of the Holy Spirit, who bestows the spiritual gifts of: the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, faith, gifts of healing, working of miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, various kinds of tongues, in and among believers on the earth since the day of Pentecost and continuing until our Lord's return. We believe that Jesus came to give life and life more abundantly (John 10:10).
It is our goal to help believers to get hold of that truth and to live the abundant life, not just surviving. God has so much for us and we only see a small portion of it.
We believe strongly that the Body of Christ must be built upon relationship. Not only relationship with Him, but with each other as well!
Check our page that explains our views on, and reasons for, our weekly fellowship meal.